- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 14.1 - ounce package)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Cinnamon, Ground
- 4 medium tart apples, such as Granny Smith or Braeburn, thinly slice (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll crust. Place on foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan. If necessary, press out any folds or creases. Brush crust with about 1/2 of the beaten egg white.
2. Mix 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss with apples. Spoon into center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edges. Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over apples, pleating or folding crust as needed. Brush crust with remaining egg white; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Try adding 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries or dried cherries to the apple mixture.
• Prepare as directed, using 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice or 1 teaspoon McCormick® Apple Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon.