“Taste of Home” Apple Dumpling Rollups
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped apples (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until moistened (dough will be soft and sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon to within 1 in. of edges; top with apples. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil, whisking to blend. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
For more great “Taste of Home” recipes, go to: www.tasteofhome.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.