1. In a sauté pan or stockpot over medium heat add the olive oil.
2. When the oil dances, add the onions, reduce the heat to low, and cover.
3. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the onions are lightly colored and very tender.
4. Stir in the pepper.
5. Add the carrots and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to a simmer and add the ginger.
7. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes so the carrots are very tender.
8. Transfer the mixture to a blender, add the juice, and blend until completely smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt to taste.
9. Return the soup to the pot if you’d like to warm it slightly before eating it right away, or pour it into a glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page