The Science of Soap
- 80 grams of lye
- 195 grams of water
- 500 grams of olive oil
- 100 grams of coconut oil
- 100 grams of eucalyptus oil (optional)
- Mix lye and water in a glass container (plastic will melt)
- Make sure you wear protective gear for your body and face and work in a well ventilated area**
- When this mixture has cooled, pour it into a bucket and use a hand blender to emulsify it.
- Next, add the coconut and olive oil and continue to blend
- When it becomes the texture of pudding (called trace), add the eucalyptus oil (optional)
- Pour mixture into the mold of your choice and let it sit for at least 24 hours
- After 24 hours, you can pull out your soap and cut it to your liking. Then let it cure and harden for another 2 weeks before using
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.