Succulent Brick Planters
- Corded Drill or Drill Press
- Masonry Hole Cutter
- ½-¾ inch Masonry Chisel
- Steel Mallet or Hammer
- Squirt Bottle with Water
- Small to Medium succulents
- Candle and holder
- Safety Goggles
- 4-8 titles
- 2-4 Small containers
- Bite size food, such as sushi, sliders, cheese, cookies, etc.
- Use c-clamp to stabilize brick.
- Moisten brick with spray bottle.
- Mark the center of your brick with a pencil about 1 ¼ by 2 inches.
- Use safety goggles
- Center up your drill on marks and begin drilling, stop half way down spray brick. ( this will help keep the heat down and drilling easier) You want to go about 2 inches deep.
- Begin to chisel by making an 'x' and continue to chisel the interior of the hole till loose and you can pull out and make it as even as possible!
- Repeat for second hole.
- Fill hole with succulents or candles of your choice
- Optional: place clean title on one side with sushi, sliders, cheese etc.
Drilling trick: Mark on Drill with blue tape where your end point is, this way when you are drilling you know where to stop.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.