1. This will take you some time, but it’s worth it! Download the list of 20 Loved One notes.
2. Pick your envelopes first. Since you will want it to look like an old-world bundle, use different sized envelopes and write on the top left corner of each envelope what the subject is: “Open me when you are…”
3. Based on the size of the envelopes you chose, pick a stationery that will fit inside them.
4. Start with the same subject on the top left corner of the sheet or note card: “Open me when you are…”
5. Then start writing each note.
6. Once your note is done, put it in the envelope and seal it up!
7. Continue this process until all 20 letters/notes are complete. Feel free to add your own notes as well…you don’t have to stop at 20!
8. Once all notes are completed, put them in a pile with the largest envelope on the bottom. Stack them so that the smallest envelope is on top.
9. Take your red and white twine (or any twine you would like) and wrap the letters like you would wrap a ribbon around a present – all four sides need to have twine around them to meet in the center of the top. Tie in a bow.
10. Either give this bundle to your loved one, or put the bundle in a cardboard box.
11. Voila! Give the bundle of love to your loved one!
Here is a list of 20 ideas for “Letters to a Loved One” notes:
1. Open me when you miss me
2. Open me when you can’t sleep
3. Open me when you wake up grumpy
4. Open me when you feel like giving up
5. Open me when you need a hug
6. Open me when you miss the kitties
7. Open me when you miss the puppies
8. Open me when you miss our kids
9. Open me when you don’t feel like waking up and taking on the day
10. Open me when you need to laugh
11. Open me when you’ve had an embarrassing moment
12. Open me when you feel like you are alone
13. Open NOW
14. Open me when you are missing the house
15. Open me when you are stressed
16. Open me when you need a friend
17. Open me when you need a pep-talk
18. Open me when you are feeling sick
19. Open me when you need someone to talk to
20. Open me when you’ve had a bad day
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page