Ken Wingard's DIY Jasmine Heart Topiary
- Terra Cotta Pot - 6" diameter
- Potted Star Jasmine - it's very important that is has a few long trailing branches
- Joint Compound
- Metal or plastic compound spreader
- Dark wood stain
- Potting soil
- Metal coat hanger
- Small piece of cardboard
- Spray adhesive
- Cut heart shape out of cardboard and affix to pot with spray adhesive.
- Using spreader, apply joint compound to terra cotta pot randomly, covering edges of heart, let dry.
- Remove heart.
- Apply stain to antique pot.
- Rub pot with soil to further antique.
- Undo wire hangar.
- Reshape into heart with several inches of extra wire coming off of the bottom of the heart.
- Position heart in pot with two ends at bottom of pot and fill with soil.
- Plant jasmine in pot, trimming all but a few of the longest branches.
- Wrap the longer branches around the heart shape, affixing with string if necessary.