Jessie Jane's DIY Chocolate Easter Eggs
No bake Cheesecake Ingredients:
• ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
• 12 hollow chocolate easter egg shells (mine are from Cost Plus) • 5oz cream cheese, softened • ¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted • ½ tsp lemon juice • ½ tsp pure vanilla extract • ½ cup heavy whipping cream Yolk Ingredients:
• Lemon curd or caramel topping
- Using a small serrated knife, run it under hot water and then quickly wipe it dry and carefully cut off the top of your chocolate eggs.
- Place all your sliced eggs in the fridge in an ice cube tray or egg holders to chill before you add the filling.
- Place the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Carefully whip the heavy whipping cream in a large mixing bowl to stiff peaks. Then gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until everything is smooth. Don't over mix.
- Sprinkle about a tsp of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each egg and pipe the mixture into the prepared chocolate shells. Chill eggs for at least 30 minutes to allow them to set. Top eggs with a dollop of cheesecake that has been colored yellow with food dye.
For more with Jessie Jane, visit lilyshop.com.