DIY Weighted Blanket
- Two square pieces of fabric equal in size
- Sewing machine
- Ziplock bags
1) Measure 2 pieces of material and cut to desired size
2) Line your two pieces of fabric together
3) Pin the boarders in place
4) Along the border, sew the fabric together on 3 sides. Leave one side open for stuffing
5) Flip inside out
6) Starting from the bottom sewed side and going towards the non-sewed side, create a vertical pocket template using a piece of chalk. The size of each pocket is determined by the size of your rice bags. Continue drawing these pockets equally across the blanket.
7) Use pins to keep the fabric from slipping and sew along the chalk lines to create your pockets.
8) Count how many pockets you created and pull out the same amount of ziplock bags. Fill these bags with rice and zip up bags securely. (You should decide the weight you want you blanket to be and use a scale to measure out the exact amount you want each bag to weigh.)
9) Slide one bag into each pocket
10) Sew a hem perpendicular to your pocket hems to secure bags in place so that you create a perfect square pocket filled with a bag of rice.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page