DIY Throw Pillow Tote Bag
- A Throw Pillow
- 3 -4 Yards Of Cotton
- Four Skeins Of Embroidery Floss
- 1” Eyelet Kit
- • Hot Glue Gun
1. Use scissors to open up one of the seams
2. Pull out all that pillow stuffing!
3. Use fabric glue to fold down the raw edges. I folded them over twice just to make sure they stay in place. Let the glue dry completely before moving to the next step.
4. Attach grommets to the top of the tote bag. You’ll just need to follow the instructions on the grommets, but basically you will cut a small hole in the tote then hammer the grommets into place.
5. Thread the rope through the grommets. I doubled the rope to create a thicker strap, but it’s totally up to you!
6. Thread through final grommet.
7. Fold the strap back onto itself and then use a hot glue gun to secure
8. Now use embroidery floss to add a pretty accent to the strap. I just wrapped and wrapped and wrapped until the embroidery floss was about 1″ wide, then you can use a snug knot and a dab of craft glue to keep the floss in place.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family PInterest Page