1. Cut (2) 2 x 4’s to 60”
2. Cut (1) 2 x 6 into (4) 17” pieces
3. Measure and mark where you would like the (4) 2x6 shelves to be placed
4. Pre-drill where your screws will be going through the 2x4’s (Tip: If you want to hide the screws and don’t have a countersink bit, you can use the end of the drill to widen the pre-drilled hole. This lets the screw lay flush inside of the wood.)
5. Screw the (4) 2x6 shelves on equal sides of the (2) 2x4’s, creating a ladder effect.
6. Stain the entire ladder. Leaving the stain on longer creates a deeper color, but you can leave on for as long as you desire. (Tip: Stain a small piece of scrap wood first to help you decide what color you want on your ladder)
7. Wipe off excess stain
8. Sand the edges to give it a rustic look.