1. Tape off pegboard in a striped pattern with painters tape, every 2”.
2. Spray paint white and set aside to dry.
3. Remove tape once dry.
4. Using your artists brush fix any imperfections in your white lines.
5. Cut your 1x3 boards into desired shelf lengths. Sand edges if necessary.
6. Align where you would like your shelves to hang.
7. Using the elastic cord. Put one end of the elastic through the pegboard hole vertically
bringing it down and over the wooden shelf, wrap around your wood shelf and secure by
knotting the elastic cord onto the backside of the pegboard. You should do this on both the
left and right side of the shelf. Repeat this step for as many shelves as you desire.
8. Add wire basket(s) and any other accessories you would like to decorate you shelves.
9. Add books, magazines, newspapers and your imagination to finish off the look of your new
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page