1. Take one long candle wick (don’t cut it yet) and attach it to the bottom middle of the coffee mug with E-6000.
2. Keep wick in middle of the mug by using scotch tape to hold it in place. Set aside to dry for a few hours.
3. Once wick is dry, take veggie shortening (Crisco), and scoop into measuring cup. (To get the exact size, just estimate how big your mug is or fill the cup with water to get the exact measurement, then start with a completely dry mug.)
4. Take broken crayons and add them to the Crisco mixture. You will need one full brown crayon broken up and one small piece of black crayon.
5. Microwave this mixture in your glass measuring cup until it melts (about 3 minutes).
6. Add scent into mixture by adding a few drops of fragrance oil. Mix it up in the measuring cup. I’m using both peppermint and vanilla since I love the combo of those two!
7. Take melted mixture and pour into your mug, leaving about ½” from the top. This will make it look like a full cup of hot chocolate, while giving you enough room to add your “whipped cream” to the top.
8. Let mixture in mug dry for a couple hours. (This will depend on the heat and humidity of your house…anywhere from 2-6 hours.) If you are unsure, just leave yourself enough time to let it dry. Note – you cannot put this in the refrigerator to dry since that will make it sweat.
9. To make the whipped cream and toppings, take about ¼ cup to about ½ cup of soy wax and put it in measuring cup. Put in microwave for 30 seconds intervals until it starts to melt. You do not want this to completely melt, so it keeps the consistency of whipped cream. Keep checking it and stir occasionally.
10. Once it is the consistency that you like, scoop it out and put it on top of the hot chocolate mug. Use a spoon and your fingers to arrange it on the top of the chocolate portion.
11. Take candy canes and put them in a plastic ziplock bag. Break it up into small pieces by hitting it with spoon.
12. Sprinkle that on top of your mixture, making sure not to cover the wick. You can add a full candy cane, add sprinkles, or any other decoration that you would use to decorate real hot chocolate.
13. Cut the wick to about ½” above the mixture.
14. Light it and enjoy the SCENT and LOOK of hot chocolate!