1. Take your piece of wood and divide it with your tape measure into what looks like 5 different planks of equal-sized wood.
2. Use your straight edge and pencil to mark all 5 “planks”.
3. Using a dry-brush technique, add acrylic paint to make each plank look different.
4. Measure and mark the center of each plank of the board at the bottom. (You will be
attaching 5 robe hooks evenly spaced).
5. Screw in the robe hooks at the marks with the screws that come with the hooks using a
screw gun or screw driver.
6. Lay out where you would like your shelf and mark this same measurement on both sides
of the wood.
7. Add your corbels either underneath or above your shelf line with the screws that came
with the corbels.
8. Add your shelf to the corbels using wood glue, securing it with a screw gun and screws.
9. To the back of the structure, add one side of the French cleat (or z-bracket).
10. On the wall, have the other side of the French cleat where you would like to display your
11. Hang on the wall by connecting the French cleat.
12. Voila! Hang your cups off the hooks and enjoy that morning brew every day!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page