1. Use the painter’s tape to make a border on the plaque around the area you want to paint with chalk.
2. Paint or spray paint the chalkboard paint onto plaque.
3. Cut a strip of leather, roughly 1 inch by 3 inches.
4. Wrap and hot glue the ends of the leather around the side of the plaque, leaving an open loop for the chalk to fit.
5. Position two thumb tacks as “buttons” onto the leather and hammer them into the plaque using the needle nose pliers so that you don’t break a nail. (These are cosmetic)
6. Cut craft wood blocks in half at diagonal. (Optional: Glue together shims until you reach the desired height of your notepad)
7. Glue diagonal block onto the back of the chalkboard plaque.