Cristina Crafts: Candy Cane Vase
- Cylindrical vase or clean empty can
- Two sided tape (found at most hardware or scrapbooking stores)
- Rubber band
- Candy canes
- Wide ribbon (must be wider than rubber band)
- Wrap the two sided tape around the vase/can once approximately halfway down the vase/can. (The two sided tape will help keep the candy canes from sliding out from under the rubber band.)
- Slide rubber band around the vase/can.
- Begin inserting the candy canes behind the rubber band.
- Tie the ribbon around the vase/can taking care to cover the rubber band with the ribbon.
- Fill with water and arrange roses.
Place Card Holders
Materials Required: • Small candy canes, three for each place card holder, unwrapped • Glue gun • Index cards or other heavy paper for the labels • Pens • Ribbon, optional
- Place a dot or small stripe of glue along the side of one candy cane and press the second candy cane against the first. Hold for a few seconds until the glue has cooled.
- Glue the third candy cane to the back of the first two so that the holders can stand on their own.
- If using ribbon, now is the time to add a little bow around the three candy canes.
- Make place cards or food labels out of small tags cut from index cards, or other heavy paper, and pens.
- Place finished cards in the candy cane place card holders.
And make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.