This delicious marinated grain salad features a blend of long grain and nutty wild rice, sweet dried apricots, toasted pecans and currents tossed in zesty tarragon-Dijon vinaigrette!
Wild Rice Salad with Apricots and Toasted Pecans
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: N/A
- 7 cups white and wild rice blend, cooked without seasoning packet, cooled
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots, fine diced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, fine chopped
- ⅓ cup dried currents
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine cooked rice, pecans, red onion, apricots, parsley and currents in a large bowl and toss to blend.
- Combine vegetable oil, tarragon vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to blend; pour over rice mixture and toss to evenly blend.
- Cover and chill.