Finish your meal with a sweet dessert featuring fresh carrots and a cream cheese frosting!
Tropical Carrot Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 8-oz. packs of cream cheese
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pineapple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9” round cake pans.
- Finely grate 3 cups worth of carrots and set aside
- Chop 1 cup macadamia nuts and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine vegetable oil, eggs, ginger and sugar, mix until well-integrated.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add grated carrots 1 cup at a time, mixing between each cup.
- Add macadamia nuts and mix until well-integrated.
- Once well mixed, pour batter evenly between the two cake pans, each should be approximately half full.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, soften the cream cheese and slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Continue adding powdered sugar and mix on high until it is light and peaks.
- Add pineapple extract and vanilla extract. Mix for an additional two minutes.
- Refrigerate covered until the cake is ready to frost.
- Top with Candied Carrots (optional)