This refreshing, colorful salad of beets tossed in tangy raspberry citrus vinaigrette is the perfect side dish to cool you down this summer!
Beet Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds fresh red and golden beets
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled, sliced into 1/4-inch wheels, and quartered
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 3/4 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine vinegar, orange juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in bowl; whisk to blend. Reserve.
- Trim beets. Simmer uncovered in salted boiling water for 45 to 60 minutes, or until beets are tender; drain.
- Peel beets and slice into ¼-inch slices. Combine sliced beets, red onion, orange slices and orange zest in large bowl with reserved vinaigrette; toss to blend.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on platter and top with beet mixture. Garnish salad with crumbled bleu cheese and pecans.