Spring is finally here! Which means, more time to spend outdoors. We collected a few recipes you can cook and enjoy, for gathering with family and friends. Choose from this delicious spring pasta, classic fried chicken with ginger mashed potatoes, or go vegetarian. Refresh yourself with lavender lemonade and finish off with decadent deserts like chocolate brownie pudding and cookie ice cream sandwiches.
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup blistered cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of roasted garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 12 spears of thinly cut asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup of broccolini
- 1 cup of fresh peas
- 12 ounces of torchio pasta
- ¼ cup of freshly grated parmesan
- Black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Chili flake to taste
- Bring a large pot of water and a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of the vegetable stock with the blistered cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of basil, the roasted garlic and the parsley. Blend until pureed. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan with the remaining 1 cup of vegetable stock, chili flake, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer briskly until the liquid reduces and thicken slightly.
- While the sauce reduces, in separate batches, boil each of the vegetables for 1 minute in the saucepan of salted water. As each vegetable is done, remove it with a wire skimmer, rinse under cold running water until cool, drain well, and transfer to a bowl.
- Add all the vegetables to the sauce and stir well to heat them through. Keep warm.
- As soon as the large pot of water comes to a boil, salt the water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente – tender but still slightly chewy – following the manufacturer’s suggested cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and stir it, still slightly dripping, into the sauce until well coated. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parmesan, if using.
- To serve, divide the pasta and vegetables among four large warmed plates or pasta bowls. Sprinkle each plate with some of the remaining 2 tablespoons of basil. Serve immediately.
- 7 ounces dried lentil pasta
- 4 ounces oyster mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red miso paste
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 stalk of scallion, finely sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Season generously with salt until it's nearly as salty as the sea, then add dried pasta. Cook the pasta until just under al dente (a minute less than on its package directions), then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Chop or pull apart the mushrooms into large, bite-sized chunks.
- Then, heat a large skillet over high heat with a tablespoon of vegetable oil, and sauté the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes until nicely browned.
- When they are done, add a little sherry vinegar to the pan with the mushrooms, give them a little toss, and set aside. It’s best to cook the mushrooms in 2-3 batches and not overcrowd the pan to allow them to brown evenly.
- To start on the sauce, whisk the red miso paste and butter together in a small bowl until it comes together to form a smooth, fluffy paste.
- In a medium saucepan, add the minced garlic and a tablespoon of oil, and stir-fry over medium heat for 30 seconds to a minute until fragrant.
- Add in the sautéed mushrooms. Then, add in the miso-butter mixture and cream, and bring this sauce to a boil, stirring gently.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta into the sauce, and stir until the pasta is well coated. Salt it to taste, and cook for 1-2 minutes until the pasta is al dente, then remove from the heat.
- Portion the pasta into two bowls, and top with sliced scallions and freshly cracked black pepper.
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 4/6 raw EZ peel sized shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- ½ cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup sliced in half cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
Special equipment needed
- a food processor
- a veggie spiral slicer
- Use the veggie spiral slicer, spiral the zucchini into noodles. Place into warm skillet or non-stick slighty oiled pan with sliced cherry tomatoes. Salt & pepper to taste, cook about 5 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally to cook evenly.
- Combined the fresh basil leaves, pine nuts and garlic in the food processor & pulse several times. With the food processor on slowly add the EVOO, this will help it emulsify & help keep the EVOO from separating. Using a rubber spatula scrape down the sides & then add the lemon juice, pecorino romano cheese & salt & pepper to taste & pulse again until blended.
- Take a spoonful or 2 of the pesto & place into a bowl & mix the raw shrimp & pesto together, marinating briefly.
- Using an outdoor grill or cast iron stove grill topper, grill shrimp.
- On low heat mix zucchini noodles, tomatoes & pesto till warm.
- Add the grilled shrimp & mix everything until shrimp are evenly coated, then serve & enjoy.
- 4 crusty artisan bakery-style rolls (ciabatta, focaccia, sourdough rolls), warm
- ½ cup homemade buttermilk herb ranch dressing
- 2 cups mesclun mix (baby salad greens), washed, trimmed
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 8 strips crisp bacon (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, trimmed and sliced into thin rings
- ½ cup red onion, slivered
- Spread 1 tablespoon ranch dressing on bottom half of each roll.
- Top rolls evenly with salad greens, sliced tomatoes, sliced cheese, bacon, sliced avocado, bell pepper rings and red onion.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon ranch dressing over top of each sandwich and close with top halves of rolls.
- Fresh-picked salad greens need to be washed thoroughly before using; trim lettuce if needed, and double rinse in lukewarm water to remove sand. Drain in colander or salad spinner. Cover and store in refrigerator for crisp fresh lettuce greens all week!
- Cutting down on carbs? Skip the bread and serve as salad or roll up in a flour tortilla wrap for a hand-held salad.
- 1 french baguette
- 1 2-2.5# Mojo Roasted Pork Loin
- 1 recipe for Chimichurri
- Marinade for Pork Loin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 small jalapeño
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 slices Emmental cheese (or any swiss)
- 3 slices smoked black forrest ham
- 2 slices of Serrano Ham
- Pickled jalapeños
- Sliced kosher pickles
- yellow mustard
- Mexican mayonnaise (it has lime in it)
- 1 cup dry bay leaves
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1tsp red chile flakes
- 1tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- Blend all ingredients except the oil, once all ingredients are combined, slowly add the oil until emulsified.
- Marinate the pork overnight.
- Roast in a preheated 350 degree oven until internal temperature is 150 degrees let cool then slice thin.
- Slice bread then spread with mustard and mayo.
- Assemble sandwich- serrano ham, sliced pork, smoked ham, cheese, and pickles
- Panini press until crunchy (can also use a cast iron grill pan in place of press and press down with a heavy pot or pan). Drizzle generously with chimichurri.
For Ribbon Sandwiches
- 4 carrots, steamed and smashed with salt and pepper
- 1 large red beet, boiled, cooled and smashed with salt and pepper
- 1 batch of pesto (ingredients below)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of basil leaves
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1/4- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For Cashew Cheese, Arugula and Cranberry Tea Sandwiches
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 1 batch of cashew cheese (ingredients below)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. Filtered water
- ½ tsp. Sea salt
For Cucumber Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 8 red grapes, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cup flour (if making gluten free, I like Hodgson Mills or Glutino mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp. water, let sit 5 minutes)
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional. I like walnuts and pecans)
- Place the basil and spinach in the food processor topped with the garlic and nuts. Pulse a few times to break them down a bit. Add in the zest from the lemon and all the lemon juice. Pulse again and then drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto is smooth.
- Margarine, room temperature (Earth Balance spreads best)
- 4 slices of bread
- To assemble, Lay 4 slices of bread out. Butter all the slices with the margarine. Spread one of each of the topping on one slice of bread.
- Stack them starting with the pesto, then beet, then carrot. Top with the remaining slice of bread. Cut the crust off the bread and then cut into 2 or 4 triangles.
Cashew Cheese Spread
- Place the cashews in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove the lid and let boil for 8 minutes. Drain and rinse. Place cashews in a blender pitcher with the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy.
Cashew Cheese, Arugula and Cranberry Tea Sandwiches
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading one side of bread with the cranberry sauce and the other with the cashew cheese spread. Add a handful of arugula in the middle and press slices together. Trip crust off and cut into 2 or 4 triangles.
Bread I recommend for sandwiches: https://thrivemarket.com/p/schar-artisan-baker-white-bread or https://www.amazon.com/Katz-Gluten-Free-Bread-Ounce/dp/B00KABUWF2
Cucumber Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- Half smash the chickpeas with a fork then combine well with all the other ingredients. Sandwich between two slices of cucumber.
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars with a hand mixer. Mix in the vanilla extract and flax eggs.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on to a cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
- Cool on baking racks and enjoy!
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup Asparagus, Thinly Sliced
- 1 jar or can of grilled artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup small mozzarella balls
- 2 cups cubed bread, preferably stale, toasted until hard
- 1/4 Cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1/2 Cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- zest and juice of half lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1/2 c grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- zest and juice of half lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and serve!
- 1 Large Head of Napa Cabbage - Sliced Thin
- 1 Large Handful Bean Sprouts
- 1 Each Pineapple – Diced
- 1 Each Fresno Chili – Sliced Thin and Rinsed
- 1 Bunch Cilantro – Rough Chopped
- ½ Bunch Mint – Leaves Picked and Rough Chopped
- ½ Bunch Thai Basil or Regular Basil – Leaves Picked and Rough Chopped
- ½ Cup Cashews – Toasted – Salted – Rough Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons – Furikake – Japanese Sesame/ Nori Seasoning
- ¼ Cup GoChuJang – Korean Chili Condiment
- 2 Tablespoons – Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons – Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger – Peeled and Chopped
- Combine all in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more oil if it is too hot
- 4 Wooden Skewers – Soaked in water for a few hours
- 16 Shrimp (16/20) 4 on each Skewer
- 2 Tablespoons – GoChuJang
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rub the Skewered Shrimp with the GoChuJang – Grill or Bake until the shrimp are cooked all the way through. – 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Toss all the salad ingredients – except the cashews and Furikake with the vinaigrette and serve with the BBQ shrimp. Garnish with Cashews and Furikake on top.
- ½ pound strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground chapulines
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 3 cups of young spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons ground chapulines
- Hull strawberries by using a small sharp knife, cutting into the green leafy top of the strawberry in a circular motion, around and into the pale flesh, directly underneath the fruit. Remove the hull and discard.
- Slice strawberries lengthwise in half and slice thinly. Place strawberries in a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and freshly ground pepper, stir to combine. Reserve.
- Combine vinegar in a bowl with honey, salt, and 2 tablespoons of ground chapulines. Whisk until salt has fully dissolved and the fragrant notes of the chapulines come through, for about 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, beat in the olive oil slowly by droplets, whisking constantly. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl, add the arugula, spinach, and gently add the macerated strawberries using a fork. Mix all three ingredients and toss. Gently, sprinkle the vinaigrette and work with hands. Be careful not to overdress the salad.
- Right before serving, sprinkle the rest of the ground chapulines right on top of the salad for garnish.
- ¼ Cup table salt for brining
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (split breasts cut in half crosswise, drumsticks, and/or thighs), trimmed
- 1½ cups Wondra flour
- 1½ cups cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 quarts peanut or vegetable oil
- Dissolve ¼ cup salt in 1 quart cold water in large container. Submerge chicken in brine, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk flour and cornstarch together in large bowl. Transfer 1 cup flour mixture to shallow dish; set aside. Whisk pepper, white pepper, baking powder, thyme, sage, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne into remaining flour mixture. Add ¼ cup water to seasoned flour mixture. Rub flour and water together with your fingers until water is evenly incorporated and mixture contains craggy bits of dough. Pour 2 cups cold water into medium bowl.
- Set wire rack in rimmed baking sheet. Working with 2 pieces of chicken at a time, remove chicken from brine and dip in unseasoned flour mixture, pressing to adhere; dunk quickly in water, letting excess drip off; and dredge in seasoned flour mixture, pressing to adhere. Place chicken on prepared wire rack and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Add oil to large dutch oven until it measures about 2 inches deep and heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees. Fry half of chicken until slightly golden and just beginning to crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Adjust burner, if necessary, to maintain oil temperature between 300 and 325 degrees. (chicken will not be cooked through at this point.) Return par-cooked chicken to wire rack. Return oil to 350 degrees and repeat with remaining raw chicken. Let each batch of chicken rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Return oil to 350 degrees. Return first batch of chicken to oil and fry until breasts register 160 degrees and thighs/drumsticks register 175 degrees, 5 to 7 minutes. Adjust burner, if necessary, to maintain oil temperature between 300 and 325 degrees. Transfer chicken to clean wire rack. Return oil to 350 degrees and repeat with remaining chicken. Let chicken cool to room temperature, transfer to paper towel–lined plate, and refrigerate uncovered until ready to eat, up to 24 hours in advance. Serve cold or let chicken come to room temperature.
Rosemary Braised Chicken
- 1 chicken
- 1 large onion 2” julienned
- 15 cloves garlic whole peeled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 sprigs rosemary
- fresh bay leaves
- 1 bottle white wine
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 cups pee wee potatoes cut in ½
- Egg wash mixture:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tbsp flour for dusting table
- 2 cups blanched sugar snap peas
- 1 cup pea tendrils
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely minced chives
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Edible flowers for garnishing like violas
Rosemary Braised Chicken:
- Break down chicken into breast, thigh, drumstick.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium enamel coated cast iron pot heat butter and oil on medium high heat until butter browns. Add chicken skin side down and brown.
- Turn and brown other side.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add onions, garlic to pot and cover to cook until tender, 7-10 min. Add white wine, sherry vinegar simmer to reduce liquid by 50%.
- Add rosemary, bay leaf then return chicken and top chicken with slices of lemon. Add potatoes.
- Dust table with flour and roll dough onto a 1” rope shape and press onto edge of pot.
- Place lid onto dough and seal dough to the edges.
- Brush with egg wash mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 400⁰ for 1 hour.
- Break off crust and lift lid.
- In mixer with dough hook add water to bowl then cover with flour and mix on low speed 5 min to form smooth dough.
- Let rest 15 min.
- Warm sugar snap peas and tomatoes in oil and season with salt and pepper. Finish with chives and garnish with pea tendrils and edible flowers.
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 2-3 cloves garlic mashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped Oregano
- Make a marinade:
- Add lemon juice, mashed garlic cloves, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper and place in a bowl.
- Pound out chicken breasts.
- Add chicken to bowl and refrigerate 2-3 hours to tenderize.
- Remove from bowl and pan cook on stove top 4-5 Minutes each side.
- Serve on top of a bed of greens and add cherry tomatoes.
- Mix in vinaigrette dressing.
- Serve with side of tzatziki and warm pita.
- Wisk ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add dressing to salad.
- 1 medium zucchini (about 10 ounces/280g), sliced lengthwise into slabs ½ inch (12 mm) thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large ear of sweet corn, husked
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 (15 ounce/425-g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Brush the zucchini slices lightly with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill the slices, turning once, until charred but not mushy, about 2 minutes per side. Grill the corn, turning frequently, until cooked through and the kernels are charred, about 10 minutes. Grill the scallions whole, turning them frequently, until charred and soft, about 2 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini into ½ inch (12 mm) pieces and put them in a serving bowl. Slice the kernels from the corn and add them to the zucchini; chop the scallions and add them also. Add the beans and avocado to the bowl and toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon and lime juices, the mustard, honey and oregano together. While whisking constantly, add 2 tablespoons oil in a slow stream; whisk until thick and emulsified/ Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste and pour it over the vegetables. Toss well to coat, taste, and season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately.
- 1 lb trimmed sirloin beef about 1 inch thick strips
- Scallion (finely cut) 1 tbsp
- Lemongrass (minced) 1 tbsp
- Peanut (crushed) 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Fish sauce 2 tsp
- light brown sugar 2 tsp
- fresh cilantro leaves 1/8 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces rice noodles
- 8 to 10 dried rice paper wrapper or spring roll skins
- 1 head red leaf lettuce leaves 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of sambal chili paste
- Garlic 2 cloves chopped
- 3 tbsp of hot water
- Mix sugar with boil water, then add in fish sauce, then lime juice, and garlic and chili Then adjust to taste.
- Combine lemongrass, green onion, fish sauce, sugar, vegetable oil, pinch of black pepper, Peanut optional until all ingredients are incorporated then add in Beef and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Start a pot of boiling water and cook rice noodles according to instructions on the package, once noodle is cooked, remove noodles and place in a colander. Drain and rinse continuously with cold water for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside and allow the noodles to dry.
- Remove beef and marinate, keep dry (could pat meat dry with paper towel). Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat. Sear beef about 45 seconds on each side. Transfer to a clean bowl and let it rest a few minutes.
- Fill large bowl with warm water, slide 1 rice paper wrapper into water for several seconds, place of a clean cutting board. Place a lettuce leaf at the base of the circle. Top with a pinch of rice noodle. Mango strips, cucumbers strips, carrot strips, and 2 strips of beef.
- Carefully wrap roll from the bottom up, keeping the roll as tight as possible, after one turn, place cilantro leaves and mint leaves on the wrapper and complete with wrap.
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled
- ¾ cup milk, warm
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat; add potatoes, reduce heat to medium-low and cook potatoes until tender (about 15 minutes). Drain immediately.
- Over a large bowl, press drained potatoes through a potato ricer; add milk and 4 tablespoons butter to bowl. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic, ginger and salt to a paste-like consistency. Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet. Add garlic-ginger paste, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Heat over medium-low heat for 1 minute, or until garlic-ginger mixture is soft and fragrant (not browned). Remove from heat; add green onions and parsley.
- Stir mixture into mashed potatoes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve warm.
Mac & Cheese
- 1 quart mac and cheese sauce (recipe below)
- 4 cups rotini or small elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed and sliced
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup seasoned panko
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked to crispy and chopped
Mac & Cheese Sauce
- 1⅓ quarts of Milk
- 24 oz cheddar cheese (2 2/3 bags)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup White wine - Chardonnay
- ½ tablespoon Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- Have the macaroni cooked, and preheat the oven to 400
- Start out with butter and flour to make blonde roux. Once roux is formed whisk in milk and bring to a low simmer, careful not to scorch, and add wine.
- Add in Swiss cheese and whisk add in ½ of a bag of cheddar, whisk in, and add rest of cheddar. Bring to a high simmer, constantly stirring until desired consistency is formed. Season.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the sauce and fold in the cut jalapenos and cream cheese. Place all ingredients into an oven proof dish and bake covered for about 30 minutes, remove cover, stir and top with pepper jack cheese and panko, and bake for another 10 minutes until melted and crispy and then top with chopped bacon and serve!
- 1 each 12” gluten free crust
- 1/4 cup Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/3 cup Artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup Pickled rhubarb
- 1/3 cup Grilled asparagus
- 2 tbsp. Ricotta salata
- 1/4 tsp. Salt/pepper mix
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh basil
- 5-6 shoots Popcorn shoots
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza screen.
- Spread toppings in quarters with cheese evenly over the pizza leaving 1/2" clearance from the crust of the pizza.
- Make sure toppings are same size so they cook evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh basil and popcorn shoots over pizza as garnish.
- Cut rhubarb thinly at an angle.
- Drizzle vinegar, salt, and sugar mixture over rhubarb.
- Refrigerate rhubarb in mixture for 15-20.
- Flour Tortillas
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Pico De Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Refried Peruvian Beans
- Ground Beef | 5 pounds
- Onions | 2 medium-sized yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- Jalapeños | 2 chopped
- Garlic Powder | 3 tablespoons
- Onion Powder | 3 tablespoons
- Paprika | 1/4 cup
- Cayenne Powder | 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro | 2 bunches chopped
- Tapatio | 2 ounces
- Lime Juice | 2 ounces
- Peruvian Yellow Beans | 2 pounds
- Onions | 1 medium-sized white onions, peeled and chopped in half
- Habanero | 3 whole
- Garlic | 6 cloves
- Carrots | 1 pound
- Onions | 2 medium-sized white onions, peeled and chopped in half
- Jalapeño | 5
- Garlic | 8 cloves
- Mexican Oregano | 3 tablespoons
- Bay Leaf | 1
- Salt | to taste
- Distilled Vinegar | 1 cup
- Begin by playing a large skillet on medium heat. Add two cups of vegetable oil to the large skillet. Allow oil to come to a 350 degree heat and place one tortilla at a time on the skillet. Allow to try on each side for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove tortilla from the oil and allow it to dry on a paper towel. Season with salt.
- Begin by heating a large sauce pan on high heat. Add about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then add your ground beef once the oil begins to smoke. Add in onions and jalapeños after. Also add in all of the spices (Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Cayenne). Add in Tapatio, chopped cilantro, salt and lime juice.
- Begin by placing a large pot on the stove. Add in 4 quarts of water and 2 pounds of dry beans. Then add in the white onion cleaned and cut in half. Continue to add 3 whole habaneros and 6 garlic cloves.
- Bring it all to a boil then lower and let simmer for about an hour and a half. Strain beans from cooling liquid then refry in a smaller pot with a little bit of oil to re-warm them.
- Begin by peeling your carrots and cutting them into small slices. Cut white onion into 1/8 pieces. Peel garlic cloves also. Heat a medium size sauce pot to medium heat and add in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Once oil is hot add in carrots, onions, garlic and jalapeño. Sweat for 10 minutes. Then add in 2 cups of distilled vinegar and add in 1 bay leaf. Bring to boil, allow to simmer for 15 minutes then let it cool down immediately. Serve cold.
Building Mexican Pizza
- Begin by placing your fried tortilla on a cutting board. Smear an even layer of the refried beans on the tortilla.
- Top the beans with an even layer of Picadillo and place iceberg lettuce around the tortilla.
- Drizzle sour cream with a squeeze bottle if possible and add chopped Escabeche. Also add pico de gallo at the end.
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lavender
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lavender springs for extra decoration; optional
- Extra lemon slices for decoration; optional
- Place the sugar and water into a pan and stir together over medium heat until the sugar dissolves
- Place the lavender into the pan and stir together
- Once the mixture starts to lightly boil turn the heat down to a simmer
- Simmer the mixture together for about 10 minutes
- Allow it to cool
- Juice the lemons to get 1¼ cup of lemon juice
- Combine the lemon juice with 4 cups of water
- The lavender simple syrup will yield about 1 cup; add ¾ cup of it to the lemon juice/water mixture
- If you would like it sweeter you can add the other ¼ cup!
- Add ice and serve
- To make this a cocktail simply add as much vodka as you like...start with a shot and go from there
- 1 floz. honey
- 1 floz. hot water
- 1 tsp. bee pollen granules
- 1 floz. lemon juice
- 2 floz. gin
- 1 sprig of lavender
- Mix the honey with the hot water to dissolve into a syrup.
- Place the bee pollen into a shaker tin and muddle.
- Add the honey syrup, lemon juice, and gin into the shaker tin.
- Add ice to the shaker tin.
- Cover and shake for 5-10 seconds.
- Place a strainer over the tin and pour the contents into an ice filled glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with the lavender sprig.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¾ cups boiling water
- Optional: ¾ cup chopped nuts
- Optional topping: Ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, 2 T. cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and granulated sugar).
- Add oil, milk, and vanilla.
- If adding nuts, add them to the batter (they are optional).
- Spread into greased 8 x 8 pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle over top of batter in pan.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil; once boiling, pour it evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm as is, or with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- 12 white / golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 16oz punnet fresh strawberries, thickly sliced
Make 12 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Freeze time: 6-8 hours
- Combine condensed milk, vanilla and whipping cream in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Pour half the ice cream mixture into the base of a 9”x 9" brownie tin & level with a spatula, tapping the tin on the bench to smooth.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries keeping them close together with as few gaps as possible.
- Gently pour over the remaining ice cream being careful not to disturb the strawberry layer and use a spatula to smooth.
- Freeze 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Divide and remove cream from 12 Oreo Cookies.
- Take a 1.3/4" cookie cutter (the same size as your Oreo cookie) and cut 12 cores from the vanilla strawberry ice cream slab (note: try to make sure each core has a definite ‘layer’ of strawberry visible in between the two layers of ice cream)
- Place each ice cream core between 2 halves of an Oreo cookie to create your ice cream sandwich.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.
- 2 ½ cups AP Flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ⅓ cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¾ cup Milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 3.4oz Package Lemon Jello
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 tablespoons Melted Butter
- Heat your oven to 350˚.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar with vegetable oil until evenly combined.
- Add milk and continue to whisk until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisk until just combined.
- Add lemon Jello and vanilla, whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to wet mixture, stir only until just combined. Do not over beat or mix at this point.
- Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes, then poke holes in top with a fork and pour lemon glaze over cake.
- Stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 7-1/2 x 3-1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Grease bottom and sides. Line bottom with parchment or wax paper and grease it.
- Beat eggs very well, and beat in sugar gradually, beating until light. Beat in oil, zucchini and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and with a wooden spoon stir into zucchini mixture or add at low speed.
- Pour half of batter in each prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- By letting the batter stand in the pan before baking, you will have a better top, it will split just once down the center. Quick breads always have a break on the top of the load.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Makes two 7-1/2 x 3-1/2-inch loaves