If you love oatmeal, and you love pecan pie, you’ll LOVE this! To add another layer of flavor, consider toasting the pecans before chopping them.
Pecan Pie Oatmeal
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 roll pre-prepared pie dough
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil on stove top.
- Add in 2 cups oats and cook to desired consistency—we recommend 20 minutes.
- Once consistency is to your liking, add in the cinnamon, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
- Stir and let thicken on low heat.
- While oatmeal is thickening, roughly chop pecans and measure out 1 cup, and add into oatmeal mixture.
- Stir until well-integrated and leave on low heat for 10 minutes.
PIE CRUST TOPPING
- Preheat oven according to pie dough instructions.
- Remove pie dough from refrigerator to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Roll out the pie dough and place the pie pan upside down in the middle of it.
- Using a butter knife, cut the excess dough out from around the pie pan, then place the cut circle onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- Once pie crust is cooked and oatmeal is done, pour oatmeal into pie tin, place pie crust on top, drizzle with extra maple syrup.