The perfect nosh for a picnic or party, light biscuits get stuffed with ham and Cheddar and smothered in an orange mustard pan sauce. By brushing the biscuits with egg and cream and then dipping them in this decadent sauce, you can feel confident that these sandwiches will have a homemade flavor, even though they are quick and easy to prepare.
Honey Mustard Ham and Cheddar Biscuits
Breakfast, Lunch, Sandwich
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 2 pounds ham, sliced thinly
- ½ cup honey mustard
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed orange juice (from 6 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 ounces aged cheddar, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange biscuits on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, cream, and salt, and brush generously over tops of biscuits.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry ham pieces in butter until browned, working in batches. Set ham pieces aside.
- In skillet, add mustard, orange juice, and molasses to pan drippings and simmer until thickened and reduced to about 1 cup.
- Cut biscuits in half and dip bottom halves into mustard sauce. Pile with ham and Cheddar slices.
- Dip top half into sauce and top off sandwiches. Serve warm or at room temperature.