These make-ahead portable breakfast muffins keep it quick and easy to get out the door with a warm and nutritious, protein-rich, breakfast on a hectic morning.
Ham and Cheese Frittata Breakfast Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 22 minutes
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces thin sliced ham, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- ¾ cup baby spinach, rough chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add ham, ¾ cup Cheddar cheese and spinach; stir to blend. Fill each cup with about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool. Loosen frittata muffins from pan, transfer to storage container or zip lock bag and refrigerate (for up to 4 days before serving).
- To serve: heat 1 to 2 muffins in microwave for 20 to 25 seconds.