Wearing Green for St. Patrick's Day with Kym Douglas
Kym Douglas is making it a little easier to be green. For St. Patrick's Day and the whole year through, you can make a statement with emerald green jewelry. And, add a pop of green to your eyelids with instant eye shadow. Kym also brings us "the best tea in the world," pomegranate green tea from Art of Tea. If you want to be a bit more subtle, spritz yourself with green fragrance.
Jewelry is by effyjewelry.com.
Instant eye shadow is available at EyeMajic.com.
Pomegranate green tea is available at artoftea.com.
Green Fragrances: 1. Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade; EDT spray 2.2 oz. (Retail Price: $80.00,
FragranceNet.com price: $49.19)
2. Diesel Green; EDT spray 2.5 oz.
(Retail Price: $45.00, FragranceNet.com price: $20.19)
3. David Yurman Fresh Essence; EDT spray 3.4 oz.
(Retail Price: 85.00, FragranceNet.com price: $40.19)
4. Versace Versense; EDT spray 3.4 oz.
(Retail Price: $89.00, FragranceNet.com price: $67.19)
5. Gucci Flora Gracious Tuberose; EDT spray 3.4 oz.
(Retail Price: $100.00 FragranceNet.com price: $51.19)
Fabio Viviani Cooks Pezze Pasta with Lobster & Mussels
We'd like to welcome chef Fabio Viviani back to the "Home & Family" kitchen. Today, he cooks pezze pasta with lobster and mussels in a brandy tarragon reduction. First, Fabio carmelizes shallots with mussels and cooks the lobster in butter. Then, he adds handkerchief pasta to the mix. Fabio insists that people of all income levels can enjoy lobster. Buy the best you can afford comfortably.
Earn Extra Cash by Moonlighting with Jeanette Pavini
Consumer and savings expert Jeanette Pavini spreads the word on little known ways to earn extra money. Though it may be difficult to make a substantial income by doing just one of these things, combining multiple methods can make a real impact on your purse. She explains the perks of being a mystery shopper and secret diner. But, Jeanette also warns us of what red flags to be aware of. Plus, she explains how to become a poll worker on Election Day and an extra in TV shows and commercials. Tips:
1. Get paid to offer your opinion in focus groups. Search for market research companies in your area. Pay ranges from $30 for 15 minutes to $300 for longer studies.
2. Avoid scams by never paying fees and by not responding to online solicitations. 3. Be a mystery shopper. 4. Be a poll worker. For links and resources, go to coupons.com/blog.
DIY Sidewalk Chalk with Tanya Memme
Tanya Memme has a simple method to making DIY sidewalk chalk. Using silicone popsicle molds, she forms colorful and glittery chalk. Then, she puts it on a popsicle stick to make it fun and easy for kids to draw with.
Chef Graham Elliot & Allie Bowles
"MasterChef" chef and judge Graham Elliot and his wife Allie Bowles are here today to share the heartwarming story of their 3.5-year-old son Conrad, who was born with a bilateral cleft lip. They learned of the diagnosis even before he was born and were fortunate enough to afford the appropriate medical care. But, the process made them realize not all families are quite as fortunate, inspiring them to become involved with Smile Train. On April 2, the organization is excited to reach the milestone of one million surgeries. Later, Graham tells us about his remarkable weight loss and walks us through his apple tart recipe.
Read more about Smile Train at Smiletrain.org/graham.
The Amazing Kreskin
The Amazing Kreskin returns to finish what he started during his last visit on December 20. He blows our minds with a card trick. Then, he uses members of our audience to demonstrate the power of suggestion. The Amazing Kreskin's books, "Mental Power is Real" and "Conversations with Kreskin," are available now at amazingkreskin.com. Also, check him out on Facebook.
Products that Make Living a Healthy Life Easier
Sophie Uliano introduces some great products she recently discovered at an expo. Invented by a 15-year-old who will be featured on tonight's "Shark Tank" on ABC, the Define Bottle allows you to flavor your water with your favorite fruit. The Scoopie's funnel system helps you transfer contents of one container to another without making a mess. And, repell pesky bugs by simply slapping on a magical sticker.
1. "Define Bottle" for Fruit Infused Water to Go, $15-30 at definebottle.com
2. The "Scoopie" Scoop, Snap, Flip & Pour, $3.99 at thescoopie.com
3. Purple Frog Insect Shielder, $9.99 at purplefrogpatches.com
4. Homegrown Organic Farms Organic Freeze-Dried Blueberries, $4-$6 per 1.2 oz. package at hgofarms.com
5. Liberty Bottleworks- Completely recyclable and recycled. The only FDA approved liner on the market, as well as being EPA certified Green. Available at libertybottles.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at
pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter
Facebook. Plus, check out our
YouTube channel for backstage videos.