Everybody's favorite Blue Ribbon-winner, Marjorie Johnson is back and baking a delicious bread in the kitchen.
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 7-1/2 x 3-1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Grease bottom and sides. Line bottom with parchment or wax paper and grease it.
- Beat eggs very well, and beat in sugar gradually, beating until light. Beat in oil, zucchini and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and with a wooden spoon stir into zucchini mixture or add at low speed.
- Pour half of batter in each prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- By letting the batter stand in the pan before baking, you will have a better top, it will split just once down the center. Quick breads always have a break on the top of the load.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Makes two 7-1/2 x 3-1/2-inch loaves