Yield: 4-6 loaves
1. Dissolve yeast in water with sugar in a large electric mixer bowl.
2. Allow to proof for 5 minutes.
3. Add honey, butter, salt, cardamom, eggs, and 2 cups of the bread flour.
4. Blend together on low speed then beat 4 minutes on medium speed.
5. Stir in candied fruit, cherries, raisins, and nuts.
6. Stir in remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastice.
7. Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place (80-85 degrees) until double in bulk.
8. Punch down and let rest, covered, for 15 minutes.
9. Fill greased loaf pans half full of dough.
10. Cover and let rise again in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
11. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
12. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool.
14. Brush tops with butter.
15. When cool, decorate with frosting and chopped cherries and nuts.
Directions for the glaze:
1. Heat butter and milk.
2. Stir in powdered sugar and extract.
3. If too thick, add a teaspoon more of milk.
4. Make a consistency that when you drizzle it on tip, it will drip slightly over the sides of the loaf.
5. Spread or drizzle over loaves.
6. Decorate with chopped red and green cherries and chopped pecans.