Cameron Mathison is showing you how to grill the perfect chicken while on a camping trip.
- 2 lbs. Chicken breast tenders, boneless skinless
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 4 stalks green onion, white section only, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Juice of 1 lemon
Camping Cooking - Home & Family
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Carefully pour into a gallon size plastic zip top bag and add the chicken, making sure each piece of chicken is submerged in the marinade.
- Seal tightly and place in the refrigerator. Let marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill on high heat. Cook marinated chicken for 3-4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the center of the chicken reads 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.