Recipe by Dan Kohler, 9/15/13
1. Blend all the ingredients in a blender, or mix together in a bowl using a spoon until there are no lumps. Pour ⅔ batter into one bowl and the remaining ⅓ directly into a squeeze bottle.
2. Whisk pink food coloring into the bowl of batter, thin out with extra milk and set aside.
3. Heat griddle on stove. Grease griddle with cooking spray or neutral oil.
4. Draw “x” and “o” all over the griddle using the batter in the squeeze bottle. Turn the griddle to its lowest setting or turn the flame on your stove down to low. Cook “x’s” and “o’s” for 10 seconds.
5. Using a ladle, scoop the thin, pink batter over the “x’s” and “o’s”, making regular shaped pancakes on top. Cook them on the griddle until bubbles appear on the surface. Check the bottom of each pancake for doneness, then flip and cook the other side.
6. Remove from griddle and serve with syrup or other sauce.