Prepare these two delicious and easy winter salads.
Winter Salads: Two Ways
For Citrus Salad (Serves 4-6)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Whole Grain Mustard
- Lemon Juice to taste
- 2 medium Fennel Bulbs (8-10 ounces trimmed), shaved on mandoline
- 2 Blood Oranges, rind and pith cut away, seeds removed, sliced into rounds
- 1 Pink Grapefruit, rind and pith cut away, seeds removed, sliced into rounds
- 1 Cara Cara Orange, rind and pith cut away, seeds removed, sliced into rounds
- 1 Tangerine, rind and pith cut away, seeds removed, sliced into rounds
- 8 ounces Farmer’s Cheese
- 1 Shallot, shaved on mandoline
- ½ tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly torn Tarragon Leaves
For Radish Salad (Serves 4-6)
- Juice of 1 Lemon, ~3 tablespoons
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb. mixed Radishes, trimmed (Watermelon, and Easter Egg Radishes are best)
- 3 ounces Sheep’s Milk Feta, crumbled
- 1 cup packed Italian Parsley leaves, about 1 bunch
- 1 cup loosely packed Dill Fronds, stems removed, about 1 large bunch
- ½ cup loosely packed Mint Leaves, about 1 small bunch
- ½ cup Chives, cut into 1-inch pieces, about 1 bunch
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- Scatter shaved fennel on platter, season with salt. Drizzle some dressing on top.
- Layer citrus on serving dish over fennel, sprinkle with salt.
- Dollop Farmer’s Cheese all over platter.
- Top with shaved shallot.
- Drizzle remaining dressing on top.
- Garnish with poppy seeds and tarragon.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice radishes on mandoline and place in large bowl.
- Season radishes with salt, dress lightly with a few tablespoons dressing. Toss to combine.
- Add crumbled cheese, toss to combine.
- Place all herbs in mixing bowl, season with salt lightly, then dress lightly with vinaigrette.
- Place radish/cheese mixture in serving bowl. Mound herb salad on top of radishes. Serve.