- 2 Rainbow Trout, cleaned and dressed , head removed if desired- and tail on
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, rough chop
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, picked
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest first and then cut in half (only use half of zest)
- salt and pepper to taste.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, over medium heat , preferably in a light colored pan so you can gage the color, being careful not to burn. It will start to foam and brown and smell nutty and fragrant, once this happens, remove from heat.
2) Add 1/2 the lemon juice, zest, and hazelnuts. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. In a separate bowl, mix the chopped herbs together.
3) Rub the trout inside and out with the oil and squeeze1/2 the lemon and season lightly. Score the flesh on each side at a 45 degree angle 3-4 times. On a baking sheet gently butterfly (open) the fish (using scissors if easier, placing the skin side down. Roast for 10-15 minutes until fish is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and drizzle with the warm brown butter and top with the mixed herbs. Serve with green salad, roasted baby potatoes, asparagus, or veggie of your choice.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page