- 3 cups Chex Cereal (any variety)
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Sliced Cashews
- 3 cups Pretzel Pieces
- 2 cups Dried Cranberries
- 20 ounces White Chocolate
- 4 tablespoons Shortening
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- Red and Green Food Coloring
- 1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
1. In a large bowl, mix Chex, cheerios, cashews, pretzels, and dried cranberries. Separate mixture into equal halves in separate bowls.
2. In a double boiler, or the microwave, melt white chocolate and shortening until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Divide chocolate mixture in half, and dye one batch red with food coloring and the other half green with food coloring. Use as much coloring as you like, until the desired hue is achieved.
3. Pour red chocolate mixture over one bowl of cereal mix and green chocolate over the other bowl of cereal mix. Stir evenly until coated.
4. Add half the powdered sugar to each of two large zip top bags. Pour each colored cereal mixture into one bag apiece, then seal each bag and shake until every piece of cereal mixture is coated.
5. Transfer cereals to a clean bowl, stir in marshmallows, and toss until colors are evenly mixed.