- 1 lbs Gluten Free Rice pasta
- 2 cups frozen or fresh butternut squash
- 1/2 a medium onion grated
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk/unsweetened almond milk (adds creaminess without all the fat)
- 1/2 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast **
- 1 tsp liquid amino acids
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves smashed and minced
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs freshly chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the rice pasta. Cook until tender, about 12-14 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large sauce pan add the oil & grated onion, amino acids pepper, thyme, cayenne, and grated nutmeg. Stir for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, low sodium chicken stock, reduced fat milk, nutritional yeast, and bring to a boil and turn off heat.
- With a hand immersion blender puree the sauce until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer mixture to a blender and blend, returning the sauce to the same pot.
- Stir in grated cheddar cheese, Strain the cooked pasta, and add it to the butternut squash sauce.
- Mix until the pasta is fully incorporated with the sauce.
- In a small sauce pan, add the minced garlic, breadcrumbs and chopped parsley for about a minute. Serve into bowls, and garnish with a sprinkle of the breadcrumb mixture
** About the nutritional yeast: Sold in a similar looking parmesan cheese container/ yellow flakes or powder, low in fat and sodium and contains B-complex vitamins which help produce serotonin and regulate mood, helps boost immune systems and help boost your GOOD cholesterol. The flavor profile gives off a nutty/cheesy taste, a great substitute in Vegan cooking!
** About the liquid amino acids: Liquid protein concentrate derived from soybeans, that contains essential and non essential amino. NO table salt or preservatives are added
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.