Ingredients for Panna Cotta
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean pod, with beans scraped out
Ingredients for Raspberry Sauce
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Directions for Panna Cotta
1. In a small saucepan add the cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over. Heat gelatin mixture over low heat until fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. In large saucepan combine the heavy cream, half and half, and sugar. Over medium heat bring to a boil, stirring to help the sugar dissolve. Once the mixture has heated through and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in the vanilla extract, and gelatin mixture. Add the vanilla beans, stirring to incorporate.
4. Divide mixture into ramekins. Let them cool to room temperature then put them in the refrigerator to chill, covered for 4 hours or overnight.
5. If you want to serve the panna cotta out of the ramekins Dip ramekins, 1 at a time, into a bowl of hot water 3 seconds. Run a thin knife around edge of each ramekin and invert ramekin onto center of a small plate.
Directions for Raspberry Sauce
Combine raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a small saucepan set over low heat. Cook until berries release their juices and just start to break down, about 5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, press berries through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids. Return strained juice to saucepan, stir in cornstarch, and cook until mixture comes to a boil. Then let cool and refrigerate until you are ready to use it!
*I also used mint leaves to garnish this dish.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page