WINTER WONDERLAND CAKE:
- Use any store-bought cake
- Top with holly leaves, pinecones, candied mint leaves and candied cranberries
CANDIED MINT LEAVES:
- 1 cup sugar
- 40 uniform mint leaves, gently washed and dried
- 1 large egg white, beaten
1. Pour the sugar onto a plate or into a baking pan. Using very small brush of your fingertips, lightly coat a mint leaf with egg white on both sides, then place on the sugar. Using a teaspoon, sprinkle sugar over the leaf. Carefully flip the leaf and do the same on the other side, making sure the entire leaf is covered in sugar. Put the sugared leaf on a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining leaves and allow to set for 2-4 hours.
2. Store in an airtight container for up to three months.