- 1 15.25-ounce box Vanilla Cake mix
- 1 3.5-ounce box Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓-⅔ cup Vanilla Frosting (use your discretion)
- ~24 ounces White Candy melts, melted
- 4 cups Shredded Coconut
- Pink and Red Food Coloring (as much as you’d like, for coloring the coconut)
- ~1 tablespoon Water
- 80-96 candy eyes
- 48 White Chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 pound Red Licorice Laces
1. Heat oven to 350˚.
2. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray it with baking spray.
3. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
5. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
6. Pour into pan.
7. Bake for 28-34 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Allow cake to cool completely.
9. Crumble cake into a large bowl, preferable the bowl of a stand mixer.
10. Add ⅓ cup frosting and stir or beat until well blended and smooth. If too dry, add more frosting until desired texture is achieved.
11. Scoop out 40-48 tablespoon size portions of the cake ball dough and roll into balls. Set aside to dry for an hour.
12. While cake is drying, make colored coconut. Divide coconut shreds into two plastic bags. Dissolve 10-12 drops of red food coloring in 1-2 teaspoons of water. Pour solution into one bag of coconut, shake until coconut color is even. Repeat with remaining coconut, using pink with the water instead of red.
13. Prepare antennae and feet: Cut licorice laces into 2-3 inch pieces (you’ll need two for every cake ball), set aside as antennae. Unwrap White Chocolate Kisses and set aside (you’ll need one chocolate kiss for every cake ball).
14. Dip the cake balls in melted white candy melts and immediately roll each ball in colored coconut.
15. Press covered cake ball onto pointy end of chocolate kiss. Insert two pieces of licorice lace for antennae at the top.
16. Use melted white candy melts to attach two candy eyes to each cake ball.