Make this fun dessert that the kids can help out on.
Valentine’s Day Cake Bites
- 1 15.25-ounce box Vanilla Cake mix
- 1 3.5-ounce box Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓-⅔ cup Vanilla Frosting (use your discretion)
- ~24 ounces White Candy melts, melted
- 4 cups Shredded Coconut
- Pink and Red Food Coloring (as much as you’d like, for coloring the coconut)
- ~1 tablespoon Water
- 80-96 candy eyes
- 48 White Chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 pound Red Licorice Laces
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray it with baking spray.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 28-34 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl, preferable the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add ⅓ cup frosting and stir or beat until well blended and smooth. If too dry, add more frosting until desired texture is achieved.
- Scoop out 40-48 tablespoon size portions of the cake ball dough and roll into balls. Set aside to dry for an hour.
- While cake is drying, make colored coconut. Divide coconut shreds into two plastic bags. Dissolve 10-12 drops of red food coloring in 1-2 teaspoons of water. Pour solution into one bag of coconut, shake until coconut color is even. Repeat with remaining coconut, using pink with the water instead of red.
- Prepare antennae and feet: Cut licorice laces into 2-3 inch pieces (you’ll need two for every cake ball), set aside as antennae. Unwrap White Chocolate Kisses and set aside (you’ll need one chocolate kiss for every cake ball).
- Dip the cake balls in melted white candy melts and immediately roll each ball in colored coconut.
- Press covered cake ball onto pointy end of chocolate kiss. Insert two pieces of licorice lace for antennae at the top.
- Use melted white candy melts to attach two candy eyes to each cake ball.