Beth Le Manach of EntertainingwithBeth.com, is making a delicious bread with bananas, nuts and chocolate.
Ultimate Banana Bread
- 4 overly ripe, mashed bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) of canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of water
- ½ cup (100g) of sugar *I find this is enough sugar if adding the chocolate chips but if you have a sweet tooth I would increase it to 3/4 cup (150g)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 ½ cups (300 g) of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda
- ½ cup (75 g) of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) of Pecans or Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C) degrees. Spray a 9” x 5″ (23cm x 13cm) loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside. In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined.
- Combine the dry into the wet, 1/3 at a time, being careful not to over mix! (Or you will have tough bread!) Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan. Bake for 55 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If bread starts to brown too much on the top, cover with foil and continue to bake until cooked through. Slice into thick slices and serve.