- 4 overly ripe, mashed bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) of canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of water
- ½ cup (100g) of sugar *I find this is enough sugar if adding the chocolate chips but if you have a sweet tooth I would increase it to 3/4 cup (150g)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 ½ cups (300 g) of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda
- ½ cup (75 g) of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) of Pecans or Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F (176C) degrees. Spray a 9” x 5″ (23cm x 13cm) loaf pan with baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside. In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined.
3. Combine the dry into the wet, 1/3 at a time, being careful not to over mix! (Or you will have tough bread!) Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Pour into a loaf pan. Bake for 55 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. If bread starts to brown too much on the top, cover with foil and continue to bake until cooked through. Slice into thick slices and serve.