Celebrate National Homemade Cookies Day and International Coffee Day with these coffee cookies from Maria Provenzano.
Triple Chocolate Mocha Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MOCHA SHORTBREAD COOKIES DIRECTIONS:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add in the butter and sugar and mix together until well combined and lighter in texture.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and continue to mix until well combined being careful not to over mix. It’s ok if it looks crumbly as long as it comes together when you squeeze it in your hands.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Separate the dough evenly and half and form two balls. Roll each fall in between parchment paper to about 1/3-1/2 inch thick.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes or until the dough is easy to work with.
- Use a circle cookie cutter that is about 3 inches, or any shape you desire, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a rectangle shape in the cookie as the slit of the cookie that will sit on the side of the mug; make sure you know how thick your mug is prior to cutting.
- Bake at 350° F for about 18-20 minutes, depending on thickness and how cold the dough is.
- Once the cookies have cooled, make the chocolate to drizzle on top.
- Melt together the chocolate chips with the coconut oil either in a double boiler or in the microwave and drizzle it over top of the cookies.