Toya Boudy's easy, cheesy, buttermilk biscuits.
Lazy Loaded Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- One stick of butter
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar with a little extra to sprinkle on top
- Sour cream
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, buttermilk, cheese. Mix well.
- In an 8 inch or 9-inch baking pan, melt one stick of butter. Place all of the dough in the center and begin to spread it out until it’s an even layer.
- Take a knife and pre-slice nine pieces of the dough. You’re basically creating perforated squares. Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired. Once it’s done baking, it’s going to be super easy to cut and divide into serving portions.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25 mins
- For loaded biscuits: add chives, bacon, and a drop of sour cream added on top