Make one of your takeout favorites at home.
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2lbs of chicken breasts
- 2-3 cups of cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- Red pepper flakes (garnish)
- Green onions (garnish)
Toya Boudy - Homemade Chinese Takeout - Home & Family
1. Mix all ingredients together and cook on a medium temp for about 4 mins then remove from heat.
1. Cut 2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts into thin strips.
2. Add 2-3 cups of cornstarch into a ziploc bag and add strips to coat them before frying.
3. Fry the chicken (remember the cornstarch won’t make a golden crust).
4. Once the chicken is finished, toss with sauce.
5. Garnish with red pepper flakes and green onion.