A vegan-based and budget-friendly meal.
4 – 6 Servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package of your favorite pasta
- 1 batch pesto
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon, chopped walnuts, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (from about 2 small cloves)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A High-Powered Blender Or Food Processor
PESTO PASTA DIRECTIONS:
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine the pesto with the cooked noodles.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of sea salt and garnish with the chopped
HOMEMADE PESTO DIRECTIONS:
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Enjoy the pesto immediately or store in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.