- 1 Store Bought Pie Dough (at room temperature)
- 4 Campari Tomatoes, Sliced Thin (Can sub any tomato here)
- 4 Tbsp. Onion and Chive Cream Cheese
- 1 Small Shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1 Beaten Egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly salt tomato slices and leave on a paper towel-lined plate for 10 minutes to release excess moisture before baking. (This ensures your crust won’t get soggy).
3. Roll out the pie dough and cut into 4-5 circles. (You can do this by cutting around a cereal size bowl.)
4. Spread 1 tbsp. of cream cheese on the bottom of each dough circle leaving about an inch perimeter.
5. Add a few slices of shallot on top of the cream cheese and then layer a couple of slices of tomato on top of the shallot.
6. Season with fresh thyme and salt and pepper and then gently fold the edges of the dough up around the tomato slices.
7. Brush the folded edges lightly with beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until galettes are golden.
8. Serve room temperature or warm.
OPTIONAL: To serve, layer spinach, slice a few avocados into wedges, slice boiled eggs in half, add sausage links, and place onto a large platter with the galettes. Add a good sprinkling of everything bagel seasoning to the avocados and eggs and then add fruit to the tray.
Note: If you want to make these in advance, simply let the galettes cool and then store in the fridge. To reheat, place onto a baking sheet and warm through the morning you are ready to serve.