Preheat the oven to 350F.
1. Toast the spices: place the cinnamon and star anise on a baking sheet until you can smell them in the oven, 3-5 minutes. Remove.
2. Make the toddy: In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the honey to a simmer and let it froth and turn light brown, 3-5 minutes.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and slowly add the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay. Return the pot to the burner, add the spices and zested lemon halves, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
4. Turn off the heat and allow to steep, like tea, for 25-30 minutes. Strain.
5. Serve the toddy: In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the lemon zest. Dip the glass rims in the toddy and roll in the lemon sugar.
6. Warm the toddy by bringing to a small simmer and ladle the spiced wine into the glasses.
Recipe tips & hacks:
Save valuable stove space by making your Chardonnay toddy in a slow cooker. You can leave it on a low heat, leaving more time to spend with friends and family!