- 2 slices of white or what bread
- 1 tsp of butter
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for Bacon Hearts
- 1/2-pound bacon (cut in half)
1. CUT OUT center of each bread slice, using a 2-1/2 to 3-inch heart, round or other shape cutter; reserve cut-outs. COAT large nonstick skillet lightly with oil.
2. TOAST bread slices and cut-outs on one side in skillet over medium-low heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. BREAK AND SLIP an egg into the skillet without breaking the yolk. PLACE BREAD back on top of the egg, toasted side facing up. COVER and COOK on low until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 5 to 6 minutes.
SERVE immediately with toasted heart cut-outs.
Directions on How to Make Bacon Hearts
1. Cut the bacon strips in half.
2. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
3. Form two halves together into a heart shape, making sure they overlap generously as the bacon will shrink upon baking.
4. Bake the bacon for about 10 minutes, or until slightly brown and crispy. Lift off the bacon and place on a plate along with some eggs and toast!