1.Pre-heat oven to 325°.
2.Cut ciabatta bread into crouton 1" size cubes.
3.Toss the ciabatta croutons in olive oil, salt and pepper, and place on sheet tray.
4. Place croutons in oven for 25 minutes, until ciabatta is golden brown and dry. Be sure to
toss the pieces every 10 minutes so it does not burn.
5. Once the croutons are out of the oven, put them into a large bowl and set aside.
6.Turn oven temperature to 375°
7.Melt 1 stick butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
8.Add onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Once the onions are translucent, add celery
and cook until slightly soft for 5–7 minutes.
9. Place onion mixture in the bowl with croutons.
10. Add stock, oil, parsley, sage, bread, salt, and pepper to original skillet and heat on stove
top until all the liquid is hot.
11.Add hot liquid to bowl with the bread mixture and toss to combine.
12. Bake for 30–35 minutes at 375° in skillet or 13 x 9 pan until golden brown and bread is
slightly crisp on top.