A classic Thanksgiving dish but with a delicious twist.
- 4 sticks salted butter
- 1 Large SWEET onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 6 cups dry oatmeal (I like the Quaker brand old fashioned instead of the quick oats)
- 1-2 Jar(s) Heinz Turkey Gravy
In a large saucepan:
- Melt butter and saute' diced onion and celery until softened.
- Stir in seasonings and let simmer for a minute or so.
- Add gravy (start with 1 jar) and let simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Salt & pepper to taste
In extra Large Crock Pot:
- Add oats and pour simmered mixture over and stir until all is moistened.
- Set temp to low/med and cook covered for 1 ½ hours stirring/folding occasionally until preferred taste.
- Stir in more gravy if it's too dry or if it need more flavor.
- So much of this recipe is by eye and taste...
- You can add more butter/gravy for moister stuffing or more oatmeal for drier stuffing.