Teddi Mellencamp's famous recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flow sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (optional)
- 1 8-ounce can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
Teddi Mellencamp Chicken Lettuce Cups - Home & Family
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS DIRECTIONS:
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks.
- Stir in garlic, onion, bell pepper, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco style.