- 4 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 lbs), peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
- ½ tsp each salt, ground ginger, ground cumin, and pepper
- 1 cup salted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 shallots, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place bread cubes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Toss with 2 tbsp of oil. Bake 10-15 mins or until toasted, stirring twice.
- Place squash in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix seasonings and remaining oil, drizzle over squash, and toss to coat. Roast 35-45 mins or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, squash, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and shallots. In a small saucepan, combine the first 6 dressing ingredients and heat through, stirring to blend. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Drizzle ½ cup dressing over salad and toss to combine. (Save remaining dressing for another use.)
"Taste of Home" is the #1 food and entertaining magazine in the world, with 3.2 million readers. Each year, "Taste of Home" receives more than 11,000 ideas and recipe submissions from real home cooks across the country. Just under 2,000 recipes are tested and then featured in "Taste of Home" magazines, cookbooks, and on tasteofhome.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.