- 4 cans (14½ ounces each chicken broth)
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15¼ ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup medium salsa
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into ¼ strips
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Additional salsa (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
Fiesta Tortilla Soup by Amy McFadden as seen in "Taste of Home"
Prep/Total Time: 25 Min
Yield: 8 servings
- In a Dutch Oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spread tortilla strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Stir cilantro into soup. Top servings with tortilla strips. If desired, serve with additional salsa and avocado.
"Taste of Home" is the #1 food and entertaining magazine in the world, with 3.2 million readers. Each year, "Taste of Home" receives more than 11,000 ideas and recipe submissions from real home cooks across the country. Just under 2,000 recipes are tested and then featured in "Taste of Home" magazines, cookbooks, and on tasteofhome.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.