1) Boil the Taro in a large pot of boiling water until fork tender
2) Drain and mash as you would potatoes
3) Heat the oil in a small skillet and gently fry garlic until it just begins to turn brown. (If you have time, you could always roast the full cloves in the oven with their skins on - this is my preferred method, as the roasted garlic is sweeter).
4) Add garlic, Earth Balance and seasoning to Taro
5) Top with freshly chopped chives
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page