- Pie Crust: Make your favorite apple pie crust or purchase an already made 9" crust
- 4 thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of caramel
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- In bowl, stir in flour to form a paste
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
To top it off:
- Cut out 6 strips of dough to create a crisscross design
- Then cut out two or three maple leaves and place on top.
- Beat two eggs and lightly brush a thin coat of eggs across the top of the pie.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown
Tweet momtrepreneur and lifestyle expert Tanya Memme @Tanya_Memme. Also, visit her on Facebook and check out TanyaMemme.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.